Whatever your plans are for Zoom, play a virtual game or connect with your family to unwrap gifts together, you don’t have to worry about your free video call dropping after 40 minutes.
Zoom has decided to appreciate its users and therefore is removing the 40-minute limit on free accounts for all meetings all over the world for several upcoming special occasions.
Whatever the occasion may be: Christmas celebration, coming together on the final day of Hanukkah, ringing in the New Year, or marking the last days of Kwanzaa, anyone who wishes to connect with family and friends will have a real long time without being cut short.
The dates and times set for these unlimited meetings include:
- 10 a.m. ET Thursday, 17th December, to 6 a.m. ET Saturday, 19th December
- 10 a.m. ET Wednesday, 23rd December, to 6 a.m. ET Saturday, 26th December
- 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday, 30th December, to 6 a.m. ET on Saturday, 2nd January
There’s nothing to be done to get the limit lifted; during these dates, it will be lifted automatically.
Zoom has also given a few actions you can take to ensure you have a wonderful virtual get-together with loved ones:
- Protect your session from uninvited guests by requiring a meeting passcode to join and enabling Waiting Rooms and don’t share your meeting IDs on social media or other public forums
- Download festive virtual backgrounds and have fun with our video filters!
- Get creative with how you Zoom — check out some ideas for hosting virtual parties and tips for connecting with family and friends
So there you go. During the holidays this year, you can digitally connect with those you love for as long as you’d like.